VoodooShield is a security program that is unlike most traditional anti-virus programs. Instead of scanning your computer for known malware or using definition files to detect infections, VoodooShield instead locks your computer so that you are notified when an unknown process is started. This allows you to lock down your computer so that it only executes applications that you specifically whitelist and denies all other programs. This makes it impossible for an application to run without you first giving your express approval.
When first run, VoodooShield will start in Training mode where it detects the legitimate applications that you normally run. It adds this list of running processes into your whitelist and allows the programs to run without asking for your permission. Once VoodooShield is out of Training Mode and turned on, it will block any unknown process from running and ask if you wish to allow it to execute.
What is the difference between VoodooShield Free and Pro?
The installer and software are the same. VoodooShield is free to non-commercial home users, but does not allow the user to adjust most of the settings and tweaks that are available in the Pro version. VoodooShield Free is pre-configured with optimal settings which will work great for the majority of users. VoodooShield Pro allows the user to adjust and tweak the settings and also includes several corporate features that are useful in the enterprise.
VoodooShield is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10.
VoodooShield 3.51 changelog:
- Added compression utilities to the vulnerable process list
- There was an extremely uncommon silent blocking issue when VS could not determine the absolute path, this is fixed
- Blocking in Disable / Install Mode should be fixed, if not, please let me know
- Regional bug when the system time was changed to a different format should be fixed
- Drag and drop and the right click context "VoodooShield Scan" now supports all file types
- Logging bug fixed
- Too many command lines were being added to the list... should be fixed
- Xcopy was being blocked by batch files
- "Threats Blocked: x" to be a clickable button that leads you to the UI section that shows your quarantine/blocked was added
- A lot of other small fixes
You can download it using following link:
Download: VoodooShield 3.51 | 13.4 MB (Freeware for Non-Commercial Use)
View: VoodooShield Website