Good news for CCleaner users! Piriform has released CCleaner v5.28 to public which comes with many improvements and changes mentioned in the changelog given at the end.
CCleaner is a popular and free software tool to optimize system performance, improve privacy and clean temporary files. It can remove several temporary and unused files from your computer system which makes your computer running faster and also helps in getting free space on your hard disk. It also helps in improving privacy by cleaning traces of your online activities such as web browser history, cookies, etc.
It cleans following stuff:
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge and Safari - Temporary Internet files (Cache), Internet history, cookies, download history, recently typed URLs, last download location, session, site preferences, index.dat files, autocomplete form history, saved form information, saved passwords, compact databases.
- Windows - Recycle Bin, recent documents, recent items history list, temporary files, thumbnail cache, shortcuts, log files, etc.
- Registry Cleaner - Advanced features to remove unused and old registry entries.
- Many other 3rd party applications temp files and recent files list (MRUs) cleaning.
- Improved Chrome and Opera History cleaning
- Improved Firefox Session and Cache cleaning
- Updated Windows Explorer MRU cache cleaning
- Improved 64-bit build architecture on Windows 10
- Optimized Auto Update process (Professional only)
- Updated ZoneAlarm cleaning
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Download Link (Installer and portable version)
Download Link (Mac)
Download Link (Android devices)