Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Paint.NET 4.0.14 changelog:
- Improved the performance of the Brush tools when antialiasing is enabled
- Improved the quality of the Brush tools when antialiasing is disabled
- Fixed: Edit->Paste wasn’t working with some images that came from Firefox (as discussed at https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/111012-not-enough-memory-to-paste-from-clipboard/ )
- Fixed: Improved the reliability of Image->Crop to Selection on 32-bit systems. Instead of crashing when it runs out of memory, it will just show an error.
- Fixed: Reduced crashes when loading UI images caused by an unreliable Windows component ("System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid")
- Fixed: When manually checking for updates in the Settings dialog and the user didn’t actually have the necessary security privileges, a crash might result instead of an error dialog.
You can download it using following link:
Download: Paint.net 4.0.15 | 6.7 MB (Freeware)
View: Paint.NET Website