PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.4.0 release notes:
- pea 0.61
- crc/hash marks duplicate files
- shows number of copies found
- to find duplicates, value of best checksum or hash algorithm is checked
- (PeaUtils GUI) secure delete removes items from list if successfully erased
- (Linux x86-64) p7zip 16.02
- Various fixes, visual updates and code cleanup
- Added tabbed browsing
- Tab bar is toggled from "Tab bar" entry available in from main menu > Organize, and in address bar and tab bar context menus
- Tab bar is also shown clicking on "Open in a new tab" in context menu
- Tabs can be added, deleted, moved, and resized
- Added rename options (context menu, File manager > Rename) : prepend and append parent directory name
- Improved rename dialog (F2)
Extraction and Archiving
- Added option to archive and extract using relative, full, or absolute paths (non-persistent value, in advanced options) for 7z / p7zip supported archive formats
- Improved archive conversion
- If "Add each object to a separate archive" is checked (default), no extra root foder is added to the converted archive (supported for conversion toward all 7z/p7zip formats)
- If the option is unchecked (consolidate multiple archives into one), it is added an extra folder with archive name to keep content separated